Saturday 29 January 2011

jumping spider reference

I made a digital painting of a jumping spider from my sketchbook after which i painted on photoshop. I am looking for realistic features of the jumping spider (personally i find cute) from images, photos and maybe other animations so that the spider is appealing to the public. Most people HATE spiders becase they are ugly, hairy and people are afraid of their movement but i want to use this mexican jumping spider for my pre production work and I think it fits really well with what I am doing. I am confident.

From Ghibli short "Water Spider Monmom" it tells about a water spider falling in love with a female water strider who is afraid at firts but builds the connection with him. The Japanese animation makes this spider more appealing to watch. (look up google for images cause i can't copy and paste anymore)




Another animation is from a remake of the book Charlotte's Web in a 3D CGI Movie using ofcourse realistic animal characters including Charlotte the spider.


We all know the story of one female spider helping a yong pig from impending pig slaughter by using her webspinning talents. Her design is a very realistic spider. The model was mostly done seperatly then the hair must of been added last to match the textile. (link)

1 comment:

  1. oh! the waterspider is adorable! and a very nice picture too

    ReplyDelete